How to Write an Awesome Blog Post in Less than an Hour
Blogging is tough love. Sometimes, you are full of ideas and you feel like you can crank out a dozen pieces in a day. And then there are those dull days when you don’t feel like putting your finger to the keyboard.
That happens to the best of us.
But then, blogging is the best way to engage your audience and generate quality leads. In fact, people who blog are able to generate 67% more leads than people who don’t.
Having been writing our own blog for a while now, we have mastered some techniques to crank out powerful content quickly and efficiently.
Here are some tips to help you write an awesome blog post in less than an hour.
Build an Idea Bank
The biggest obstacle with blogging is coming up with ideas. This can take a lot of your time if you have to think about ideas every time you write a post.
Create a spreadsheet to serve as an idea bank. It could include headings like:
- Blogs related to products and services
- Blogs inspired from your top blogs and categories
- Blogs inspired from competitors’ blogs
- Specific titles and ideas
- Ideas inspired by the target audience and their problems
Now all you have to do is spend some time thinking about ideas to fill each column. Here are some suggestions.
- Ask questions. Look at FAQ pages of related websites to find some interesting questions.
- Brainstorm ideas. You can use Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator. Simply plug in your best blog categories and let the magic unfold.
- Carry out a competitor analysis. It’s not as difficult as it seems. Simply use a tool like Buzzsumo. Plugin a topic or keyword and the tool will show your competitors’ top performing content pieces.
Write on Topics that Interest You
Write about a topic that interests you and are expert in. If you do not have any idea about plumbing, it’s highly like that you’ll do a bad job. Rather, write on topics that you know about and are interested in. This way, you won’t spend a lot of time scratching your head.
Write for the Most Part of Your Hour
If you have only an hour to write, you don’t want to end up spending half of it on research. Get to the actual job of writing your post if you want to end up with at least a decent piece to build on. So perhaps spend 20 minutes on research, and then begin writing.
Start Where You Can
Sometimes, we have trouble writing the first line. But that does not mean that you have to start with your introduction paragraph. If you have some excellent tips you want to share with your writers, begin writing those tips. You can come back to writing the title and the introduction after you’re done writing the meatiest part of the blog.
There you go. Those are some fantastic ideas to help you write a high quality, engaging blog post within an hour. If you have some ideas of your own, feel free to share them with us. We’re all ears.